Alessandro Blanco and Giuseppe Sinacori (twin guitars, custom made by Vincenzo Candela),
Record Label: Almendra Music
With “Hacked Overtures”, the Blanco Sinacori Duo pays tribute to Mauro Giuliani, whose work constitutes a massive contribution to the role played by the guitar in the XVIII century. The two musicians reinterpret his transcriptions and give them new life, through Rossini and Bellini's Overtures. Included in the album, four interludes as well, composed by Maurizio Pisati especially for the Duo, with echoes of "Il Pirata" (the pirate) by Bellini.
1. Gioacchino Rossini • Il Barbiere di Siviglia
2. Maurizio Pisati • Intermezzi con pirata [I]
3. Vincenzo Bellini • Norma
4. Maurizio Pisati • Intermezzi con pirata [II]
5. Gioacchino Rossini • L’Italiana in Algeri
6. Maurizio Pisati • Intermezzi con pirata [III]
7. Vincenzo Bellini • Il Pirata
8. Maurizio Pisati • Intermezzi con pirata [IV]
9. Gioacchino Rossini • La gazza ladra
Below, you can listen to the first track: Il Barbiere di Siviglia.
Almendra Music is a musician collective born in Palermo in 2012, a think tank with its own production team and facilities. It's a safe space for indipendents musicians, sound artisans and visual artists, who all work together to build the present and the future of music. Its music catalogue is quite rich and keeps growing, with productions that go from from Classical Music to 21st century composition, Electronic Music, Improvisation, Ambient, Experimental and Art-Math-Jazz-Whatever-Rock'n'Roll.