Alessandro Blanco - Guitar
Nicola Mogavero - Sax
Record Label: Almendra Music
Heptachord is the first album of the Duo of the same name, born in 2009 to create a new repertoire for two instruments - sax and guitar - which are rarely or never seen playing together. Some of the tracks explore the Spanish and Latin American music, with authors such as S. Assad, E. Gismonti, P. Bellinati, A. Piazzolla. The contemporary tracks come instead from composers such as D. Nicolau, A. Fabra, C. Mafali, C. F. Defranceschi and V. Kioulaphides, plus a reintepretation of the Six Melodies For Violin And Keyboard by J. Cage.
1. Dimitri Nicolau – Grottapinta, Op. 200: I. Prelude and First Dance 07:49
2. Dimitri Nicolau – Grottapinta, Op. 200: II. Summer’s Dance 06:46
3. Melo Mafali – Trittico di Vulcano: I. Danza delle lucertole sulle pietre di lava 06:50
4. Melo Mafali – Trittico di Vulcano: II. Un deserto stellato 04:56
5. Melo Mafali – Trittico di Vulcano: III. La Valle dei Mostri 03:45
Below, you can listen to the first track: Grottapinta, Op. 200: I. Prelude and First Dance.
Almendra Music is a musician collective born in Palermo in 2012, a think tank with its own production team and facilities. It's a safe space for indipendents musicians, sound artisans and visual artists, who all work together to build the present and the future of music. Its music catalogue is quite rich and keeps growing, with productions that go from from Classical Music to 21st century composition, Electronic Music, Improvisation, Ambient, Experimental and Art-Math-Jazz-Whatever-Rock'n'Roll.